The Clerk Maxwell Cancer Research Fund is run by volunteers who recognise the importance of the projects it supports. The fund was started in 2000.
James W Brown (Chairman)
- Keil School, Dumbarton and the Edinburgh School of Agriculture. Involved in farming and particularly breeding Pedigree Sheep.
Currently rebuilding the family farm on Arran and enjoying the odd game of golf.
President of The Society of Pedigree Border Leicester Sheep Breeders 2005-2007.
Captain Hirsel Golf Club 2012.
Proud to be cousin four times removed of James Clerk Maxwell.
Katharine M Jankovic LLB CIMA Adv Dip MA: (Hon. Secretary and Treasurer)
- Kelso High School, and the University of Edinburgh.
Tutored literacy, numeracy and IT for Learndirect in Shropshire and then worked for Business Enterprise Support, an Enterprise Agency in Staffordshire before returning to Scotland.
Has worked in the finance team at Head Resourcing, an IT and business change recruitment agency since 2009. She is a part-qualified CIMA Management Accountant.
Professor David bS. Ritchie MA FRSE
- Edinburgh Academy and Cambridge University. Royal College Greenwich.
During the 2nd WW served as an Instruction Lieutenant RN British Pacific Fleet and as a Naval Air Station Meteorologist.
Worked for Barr & Stroud, Glasgow as a development engineer on submarine periscope and laser range finding.
Is a founding trustee of both the CMCRF and the James Clerk Maxwell Foundation and past Chairman of both.
David has dedicated the last 30 years to promoting the name and genius of JCM
Professor Adam Waldman
- Adam Waldman gained a PhD and undertook post-doctoral research in biophysics before training in medicine at Cambridge. His postgraduate training in Internal medicine at Whittington and Hammersmith Hospitals, was followed by Radiology at University College Hospitals and Neuroradiology at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square. From 2001 to 2016 he was Consultant Neuroradiologist at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, where he was also Research Director for Radiology.
Adam was appointed Chair of Neuroradiology at Edinburgh University in 2016.
His main research interests are in quantitative and physiological neuroimaging, particularly as applied to neuro-oncology, neurodegenerative dementias and neuroinflammatory disease.
Alastair W S Ritchie MD FRCSEd
- Alastair trained in surgery and urology in Edinburgh, Liverpool and Los Angeles.
After a spell as Senior Lecturer in the department of Surgery and Urology at the University of Edinburgh, he worked full time in the NHS in Gloucestershire.
Since 2007 Alastair has worked as Trial Surgeon for the Medical Research Council Clinical Trials Unit at UCL, acting as medical advisor for clinical trials on Prostate and Kidney cancer.
Registered in Scotland Charity No: SC028098
The Clerk Maxwell Cancer Research Fund
P.O. Box 28841
Email Address: email@example.com
The Fund uses BT mydonate to process donations as there are no commission fees or management costs.